Looking to fill a position?
Check our postings!
Lily’s Legacy Senior Dog Sanctuary, Petaluma, CA
We are seeking a part-time RVT or experienced vet tech.
Lily’s Legacy Senior Dog Sanctuary, www.lilyslegacy.org, is a 501(c)(3), volunteer run, nonprofit established in 2009. We provide 24/7/365 care in a safe and loving rural environment for senior large breed dogs that have been displaced from their homes or abandoned for any reason. Our mission is to ensure that each of our senior dogs will live out the rest of his/her life as a well-loved family companion in a forever adoptive home, a foster or hospice home, or here at the Sanctuary. Each dog we rescue receives a thorough medical evaluation and treatment as necessary, as well as temperament/behavioral assessment. If the dog is adoptable, a home is sought that will meet his/her emotional, medical and daily care needs.
Dogs who are not adoptable – for whatever reason – remain at the Sanctuary or in a permanent foster or hospice home for the remainder of their natural lives.
Volunteers are on-site every day to exercise, train, groom, play and cuddle with our dogs.
Other volunteers help with the care of the property, as well as administrative and fundraising efforts. We also have an active and committed board of directors and an exceptional team of veterinarians who treat our senior pups.
We are seeking a part-time RVT or experienced vet techto help with:
- Monitoring general health and well-being of dogs on site, alert for issues
- Answer medical questions from staff and volunteers
- Implement post op protocols and post dental care sheets with restrictions
- Post op care for dogs returning after surgery and dentals (set up run, communicate restrictions white board/check in/dog’s run – check suture sites, e-collars, etc.)
- Ensure and maintain medication and supplement stock in the Barn
- Clean/sanitize runs
- Work with volunteers for biweekly weights on dogs, maintain weight tracking spreadsheet
- Maintain calendar of upcoming medical needs/events for each dog (i.e. vaccinations due, monthly flea/heartworm medication, surgery and follow up, etc.)
- Maintain monthly flea/heartworm spreadsheet, advise other staff when due for dogs
- Ensure enrichment for dogs including (but not limited to) volunteer “cuddle club”, Kongs in Barn and Bunkhouse, off campus “field trips” when appropriate, on property play groups when appropriate, physical therapy and swimming dogs when appropriate. Work with volunteers to provide and add enrichment.
- Ensure healthy environment for our population of barn cats
- Acting as liason between executive director, veterinary hospital partners, and staff
- Special projects/requests as directed
12 – 14 hours per week, flexible schedule, $25 per hour.
Lily’s Legacy is in a serene country setting, with volunteers on site 24/7.
Contact Alice Mayn Executive Director at (415) 328-5161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let your commitment to quality guide you here.
Guide Dogs for the Blind, Inc. (GDB)offers an especially rewarding career for veterinary professionals. As a Staff Veterinarian at our beautiful campus in San Rafael, California, you will at the top of your profession in our compassionate and mission-driven veterinary department. We will rely on you to play a key role in ensuring optimal health for our breeding dogs, puppies, and those selected to become successful guides. Duties include:
- Providing professional veterinary care, including surgery (traditional and laparoscopic), radiology, and internal medicine
- Providing veterinary assistance for the Oregon campus, as needed
- Addressing the specialized medical and surgical needs of all program dogs, including breeding colony, neonates and weaned puppies on campus
- Handling obstetric, neonatal, and pediatric cases
- Providing 24-hour support to non-veterinary staff managing broods through challenging whelps
- Performing cesarean sections
- Participating in the design of protocols and methodologies for diagnosis and treatment of medical issues in our breeding colony and neonates
- Conferring with outside veterinarians caring for GDB dogs to assure that their recommended treatment is consistent with our protocols
- Consulting with breeder custodians, puppy raisers, and guide dog users concerning veterinary care
- Supervising, training, and providing guidance to paid and volunteer clinic staff
- Updating veterinary-related concepts through continuing education
- Writing veterinary-related articles for GDB publications
- Returning to campus, when necessary, for medical emergencies
- California veterinary license and USDA license for interstate and international health certificate
- Current and renewable Drug Enforcement Agency license, Class II, IN, III, IV, V
- Willing to become Penn Hip certified and APHIS accredited within six months
- Desire to train in both laparoscopic and non-laparoscopic surgical techniques
- Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Availability for weekend rotations and/or on-call work
What sets us apart?
- You’ll become an experton our yellow and black Labrador Retrievers, Golden Retrievers, and Lab/Golden crosses – incredible patients who do not require muzzles.
- GDB is deeply committed to the care and well-being of our program dogs, and you will be empowered to deliver all the care that you deem necessary with minimal financial constraints.
- You can hone and expand your knowledgein a wide variety of areas like neonatal care, breeding, canine reproduction, spaying/neutering, laparoscopic surgery, ultrasound, and more.
- We support continuing education andprofessional developmentthat aligns with our goals.
- Teamworkat GDB is exceptional, both within the veterinary department and across the organization. Because we all share the same passion for our mission, you’ll experience strong support from colleagues and make meaningful connections.
- We offer balance, flexibility, and reasonable schedules, with ample time off.
- Our generous benefitspackage includes medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, 403(b), tuition reimbursement, and great wellness perks like yoga, circuit training, and an onsite gym.
- You can bring your dog to work!
Guide Dogs for the Blind
At Guide Dogs for the Blind (GDB), we believe that everyone deserves to move through the world safely and confidently – to live the life they want to live. As the largest guide dog school in North America, we have graduated more than 16,000 guide dog teams from across the U.S. and Canada since our founding in 1942. GDB not only improves mobility for our clients, we further inclusion. Join our team of more than 300 employees and share your passion for our mission.
Apply now HERE.
Pay Range: $140,000 – $170,000
At Guide Dogs for the Blind, we respect, value, and appreciate all differences. We welcome all qualified candidates irrespective of your race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Individuals with disabilities, especially those who are blind or visually impaired, are encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and need assistance and/or accommodation with applying for a job, please feel free to contact Human Resources.
Animal Healing Arts is seeking a compassionate, intuitive, and passionate, experienced licensed veterinarian, certified in acupuncture to join our amazing
We are an integrative wellness center that believes true healing comes from a wellness mindset, balancing body, mind and soul. This includes our clients, patients, and employees. All team members are embraced and valued equally
Our practice treatment options include nutrition, micro-biome restorative therapy, acupuncture, chiropractic, homeopathy and more. We refer out patients that need to be hospitalized and those requiring surgery.
Interested candidates must be certified in acupuncture. Concurrent certification in animal chiropractic preferred.”. We are looking for a full-time veterinarian who is interested in future ownership. Interested doctors are welcome to come visit to see one or both of our practices.
Please email your resume to: Info@animalhealingarts.net.
Come join our team in wonderful Fairfax, and see why we love living and working in Marin! We are a growing and thriving, privately/locally owned practice expanding into a spacious state-of-the-art facility. With our team of 6 DVM’s, we offer a collaborative and supportive environment where you can create and define your own niche, enabling you to have the career you imagined, back when you first decided you wanted to become a veterinarian. Some of our associates focus on cats and dogs exclusively, some see exotics and birds, or small mammals and pocket pets. Some of us have a passion for surgery and dentistry, others for acupuncture, internal medicine, or preventive care. What passion will you bring to our practice?
We are seeking an associate veterinarian who understands the importance of exceptional client service in obtaining good outcomes for our patients. We strive to provide top-notch medical and surgical services for our patients, excellent service to our customers, while maintaining an upbeat and enjoyable work environment. We are a general practice, located just 20 miles north of San Francisco. Convenient access to local specialists and emergency services allows us to always provide the very best care for our patients while maintaining work-life balance personally.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.
Full time Associate DVM
Awesome small animal veterinary hospital in Corte Madera is looking for the right new associate veterinarian to join our incredible team. The new vet would be required to be mentored for 1-2 years by the senior veterinarians on staff. We are looking for a long term commitment.
Corte Madera is an affluent town of wonderful pet parents just outside of San Francsico.It is located within 30 minutes of the beach, the mountains and the city. This is an ideal position for a new graduate to learn the nuts and bolts of veterinary medicine. Our brand new facility has state of the art diagnostics, medicine, surgery and a dynamic positive culture.
$172K a year full time with benefits.
Saturdays are required but no emergencies after hours or on call duties.
Please call 415-461-6133 or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Small Animal Acupuncture and/or Chiropractic
Location: Cotati and San Rafael, California
Seeking a skilled veterinarian to offer acupuncture and/or chiropractic in our Cotati and San Rafael offices 2-4 days per week. Set your own schedule and look forward to your workdays,
filled with appreciative clients at a well-honed practice known for its high-quality holistic care.
Animal Healing Arts provides small animal holistic veterinary care in an out-patient setting. We specialize in herbal supplements, acupuncture, homeopathy, chiropractic, food therapy, psychomotor therapy, and fur mineral & heavy metal analysis. We do not offer emergency or urgent care services and our schedule is by appointment only.
What sets us apart:
- Animal Healing Arts was voted Best Veterinary Services in 2021, our fourth such award.
- We use web-based practice management software that allows easy access to records
from any computer, phone, or tablet.
- Our friendly support staff takes care of scheduling, filling prescriptions, client care, and
other administrative work so you can focus on patient care efficiently.
- We are a holistic practice, serving the Bay Area since 1996 and Sonoma County since
Pet Emergency & Specialty Center of Marin, located in San Rafael, is looking for full-time or part-time support of our Urgent Care Service.
The urgent care veterinarian will provide outpatient care through scheduled and same-day appointments to animals with conditions that are not life-threatening, in collaboration with our Emergency Dept. Appointments are 30 minutes with time dedicated for lunch and procedures.
At least 1 year of experience in a general practice or internship training is preferred.
We are seeking urgent care doctors for a variety of shifts:
- Monday through Friday 5pm – 11pm
- Saturdays and Sundays 9am – 5pm
- Saturdays and Sundays 5pm – 11pm
! Flexible part-time and full-time positions are also available.
If you’re looking for some low-stress, short-term regular work, with fun people, at wages comparable to ER shifts, please contact Dr. Erin Smythe-Morey (email@example.com).
Pathway to Ownership:
Terra Linda Veterinary Hospital, an AAHA accredited practice, seeks an assoicate with interest in transitioning into ownership as the current owner slowly transitions out. Well equipped facility, supportive culture. This is your opportunity to ease into ownership.
All inquiries confidential.
Grace Bransford, DVM. Just sold my practice and available for small animal relief work. Over 20 years experience.
Contact me at 415-238-3069, call or text.
Mark Willett, DVM. Experienced relief veterinarian. Small animal and exotics.
Contact: 415-686-6092, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mill Valley Pet Clinic is a privately owned, thriving practice serving Southern Marin County. We’re looking to add another enthusiastic veterinarian to our collaborative team!
Our beautiful, updated hospital is well-equipped with an in-house lab suite, digital radiology, digital dental radiology, large surgical suite, dental equipment, and much more! We are a general practice with focus on Preventive Care and a special interest in Dentistry. We also have a Board Certified Surgeon on staff.
We are located in Mill Valley, California just minutes from San Francisco, and a short drive to the Napa Valley.
We take the health and well-being of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging a well-rounded work/life balance. Our employees’ quality of life outside of the practice is something we strongly value and support. We offer a great compensation package, including competitive salary, benefits, CE allowance, reimbursement of membership dues, and PTO.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please send resume to Nicole at NicoleMVPetClinic@gmail.com.
Would you like to post here?
Please send us your request.
Classified postings are free to MCVMA members.