Looking to fill a position?
Check our postings!
Part time Veterinary Assistant Job : Location Fairfax CA
We are looking for a compassionate veterinary assistant to join our organization, this may turn into a full time position. The veterinary assistant will be responsible for performing administrative tasks, assisting veterinary staff in examining and monitoring animal patients, and maintaining clean and sanitary conditions in exam and operating rooms. The ideal candidate will be willing to learn new skills and develop their talents as an assistant. Must have a passion for caring for animals, and excellent customer-service skills as the veterinary assistant will work directly with animal owners.
Veterinary Assistant Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification a plus; Associate’s degree or course credit in veterinary technology or animal science from an American Veterinary Medical Association-accredited program a plus
- One (1) year previous experience in animal care or in a clinic preferred
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite or apple equivalent (Word/pages, PowerPoint/keynote and Excel/numbers)
- Basic understanding of animal behavior and health care
- Passion for working with animals and their owners
- Interpersonal communication skills to communicate with owners and other veterinary staff
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous different patient needs at one time
- Attention to detail in order to maintain accurate patient records
- Physical ability to restrain larger pets when necessary and lift 50 lb
West Marin Pet Hospital believes in providing gentle care, high quality medicine and surgery and promoting the bond between animals and their people. Gentle care means taking time to learn animal behavior and cues and recognizing the needs of every animal on an individual basis.
Email resumes to : email@example.com
Mill Valley Pet Clinic is a privately owned, thriving practice serving Southern Marin County. We’re looking to add another enthusiastic veterinarian to our collaborative team!
Our beautiful, updated hospital is well-equipped with an in-house lab suite, digital radiology, digital dental radiology, large surgical suite, dental equipment, and much more! We are a general practice with focus on Preventive Care and a special interest in Dentistry. We also have a Board Certified Surgeon on staff.
We are located in Mill Valley, California just minutes from San Francisco, and a short drive to the Napa Valley.
We take the health and well-being of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging a well-rounded work/life balance. Our employees’ quality of life outside of the practice is something we strongly value and support. We offer a great compensation package, including competitive salary, benefits, CE allowance, reimbursement of membership dues, and PTO.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please send resume to Nicole at NicoleMVPetClinic@gmail.com.
Mark Willett, DVM. Experienced relief veterinarian. Small animal and exotics.
Contact: 415-686-6092, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emergency Veterinarian – Northern California
East Bay Veterinary Specialists and Emergency (EBVSE), located in Walnut Creek, are looking for a full-time emergency clinician. EBVSE is a 24/7 multi-specialty, emergency and critical care hospital in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Shifts will include both graveyard and occasional swing. The flexible schedule will permit emergency doctors two weekends and one full week off every month. Our well established internship program allows opportunity for mentorship as well as additional assistance handling the high case volume.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including a base salary with quarterly production bonuses, medical insurance, 401K, CE stipend, and 3 association dues. We have a high case load and a harmonious work environment with doctors and staff that work well together. We are looking for someone who has completed an internship or has emergency experience, has a team mentality and a strong interest in emergency medicine.
If you are interested, please email your CV to email@example.com.
Average annual salary: $150,000 – $200,000
Would you like to post here?
Please send us your request.
Classified postings are free to MCVMA members.